It's time to start thinking of the next round of Red Dots.
As you think of good potential titles, please put them on these GoodReads Listopia lists. The lists are handy as sources of summer reading suggestions for your students.
These GoodReads Listopia lists are open to anyone in the world (with a GoodReads account) to contribute to - and/or vote on.
- Red Dot 2014-2015: Early Years: Suggested LONG LIST
- Red Dot 2014-2015: Younger Readers: Suggested LONG LIST
- Red Dot 2014-2015: Older Readers: Suggested LONG LIST
- Red Dot 2014-2015: Mature Readers: Suggested LONG LIST
Criteria in choosing books for the longlist:
- Published (in English) within the last 4 years -- so 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014
- The shortlists will consist of 8 books at each level
- Preferably only #1 if in a series
- Preferably no repeat of an author from previous years
- Think of accessibility -- easy to purchase from major vendor? is it available in paperback?
Overall considerations when generating the shortlist:
- Mix of genres, e.g., fiction, nonfiction, poetry, graphic format
- Balance of male/female main characters
- Balance of cultures or countries of origin
- Preferably including a book from Singapore or the region
The four SHORT LISTS will be announced by the Red Dot ISLN committee in September.
(Alternatively, click here to join our Red Dot Nominations Group in GoodReads and put books on the Group bookshelves. Some of us will then put the group suggestions on the next year's LONG LISTS.)
See you all at the Readers Cup competition on May 22nd at CIS Lakeside.